Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gorilla marketing portraits.

Hello fellow photographers, and a great marketing day to you.

I have been rather busy shooting models, trying to get a decent portfolio together. My goal is to start getting some "new work", and to spread my availability, skill, and studio space availability around to some "new folks". I am in great hopes of advertising in several different ways.

I am thinking about putting a local mailing together, a local Craigslist venture, an all out attack on the blogsphere, making my rounds to the graduating classes of 2009 and 2010, and find the local pet chains and groomers to place some well done propaganda in their businesses. In other words, I am "gorilla marketing".

I am going to use this blog, from time to time, to help save others some time. When I hit a wall, or achieve some success with my venture for new clients, I will post it. I will share my techniques, as well as my mistakes, and any funny stories that come from my attempts.

Hopefully some folks will be able to use my portfolio marketing web log entries as a sort of guide on what to expect along the way. Certainly you will learn what works and what does not work.
The only money that I am willing to spend in this new creation is the mailing. This is the last idea on my list of things to do in order to promote myself, for the reason of cost. I like to get the most cash from the least amount of cash, whenever possible. Gorilla marketing, to me, is all about getting the most coverage in an area of ones' niche' for the least amount of cash. In other words, it is all about being creative and breaking the mold.

Some other ideas that I am tossing around in my head are interviews. I have not solved my angle of interest completely, but this very topic might be of interest to the local radio, web, I-tune blogs, ect. I might have to make it more interesting but you can see how a story like this could get ones name out there. Feeding the gorilla, that's all.

With those ideas planted, here is a taste of what I have been up to since the last blog entry. This is Meghan and Amanda. Two different shoots. Meghan was photographed at the Saco River Photography studio, of which I co-own, and Amanda was photographed on the beach, at Biddeford Pool, Maine.

These two young ladies will both be in my portfolio. They agreed to be photographed for a CD of the finished images only. This was a win/win situation I thought. I get a model, they get images. This is my strategy, getting the most for the least!

Making things attractive is the key. I need to make putting an image onto a businesses' wall a good deal for "them". I am toying with a few incentives, like percentages of sales, an art piece to look at, and several other ideas that will come later.

Feel free to see what I have been up to, as I keep this place up and current! Feel free to comment and subscribe. You all count to me, and very much so!

No comments:

Post a Comment