Saturday, August 30, 2008

Free photography and marketing tools for you.

Before you get too far, you should consider subscribing to this very blog. I just don’t want any of you to miss one single trick or idea!

Well, with the last entry I explained that you all could follow along with me as I market myself for as little to no cost as possible.

I handed the images that I took of the two models (in my last entry) to their respective families, as a step into the right direction passed before my eyes.

One of the models' parents has a very busy business in the local area. The business is one that has a brick and mortar building of which customers travel into and from. I was elated to hear that a large print of the model (that I am the photographer of) will hang proudly in their buildings lobby. I will be able to attach some of my business cards near the photographs area on the wall as well. This is some great, and absolutely free marketing.

I must admit that I paid twenty dollars for a box of simple yet effective business cards some time ago. These are extremely cost effective, as they travel, or have traveled, all over the state and hopefully the country. I have had a change of personal information, though, so some new cards are in order. I plan on spending yet another twenty dollars in the near future.

For one hour of shooting time, an hour or two of editing time, and twenty dollars for a box of business cards, I will soon have a sample of my work placed in a highly visible location, selling my abilities for me. This is not the only thing that I plan on doing, but instead, it is only one of the many, many things that I now can plan on having gaining some attention for me.

How very nice it is to have such a heart-filled family to allow my work to hang in such a visible location. Many warm "Thank you's" go out to you all. You know who you are!

My newest tool in attracting new models to photograph for my portfolio is the website Model Mayhem. This is "a must" in order to take the powerful images of fashion and themes that will make up my portfolio. Free is my price, and Model Mayhem might just be the place. Model mayhem is thee place where photographers and models can showcase their work. Both, looking for each other, can be found here. Amateurs and pro's alike advertise here too!

All that Model Mayhem asks of you, is to submit a few pieces of your work. From there they decide if you should be able to have a free account or not. Then, after a short wait of a day or two, you can log on and start meeting pros in your area. Oh yea, I forgot to explain that you can find people in any state or country, with a very detailed search. If hair color or even eye color is what you must have for certain, than simply enter it in and then whammo, a link list with pictures pops up right before your eyes. What an incredible and valuable resource this powerful site will be.

As always your comments are welcome as I like to get to know you all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment